Day One:This Is What Happened Here is what stuck out to me the most... It was prophesied that Cyrus would allow for Jerusalem to be rebuilt and for the foundations of the temple of the Lord to be laid and the Lord "moved his heart" to do just that. This is an example of how God performs miracles through the natural realm just like Beth stated during the introduction video and just as Anna pointed out that many times those miracles are in the form of a heart change no one could imagine would happen. GLORY!
Don't forget to write down Scripture or quotes or even lyrics that would be an encouragement in light of the "It's tough being a woman in another woman's shadow," statement.
For instance, this is a verse I thought of that reminds me of my true identity that is dependent upon Christ alone and no one else. "I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." Galatians 2:20 (NIV)
When Beth says to look for something for yourself...Romans 15:4 "For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scripture we might have hope."
This was encouraging to me because I know God has a message for me in Esther, as I make my way beyond all the history and geography (I know this part is important too...but this can sometimes bore me-just saying) I know there is a present day message for me and where I am in life with my current TROUBLES! But I am reminded from this verse that my knowledge of scripture will keep my attitude in check with my current circumstances and my future ones. SO I NEED TO READ MY BIBLE DILIGENTLY!! :)
If I gain understanding & know what God has done in the PAST for people, then my confidence can not be shaken in what He is able to do in the FUTURE!!
Personal connection--If I continue to read God's word and I let Him remind me of the powerful things and miraculous wonders He accomplished throughout the bible, how can I not have confidence and hope that He has a plan for Dan and I to be parents. I have been standing firm on His word, and I will continue to claim His word over my life, especially in this area of infertility. It was comforting to be reminded by Beth that this is not our home (it's a waiting room), so there will be "impending catastrophe or doom" and there will always be things that are wrong! Oddly enough this is comforting, not that I want trials & tribulations-pain & suffering, but to know that this is part of the deal and what waits at the end is a happy ending. A TRUE LOVE STORY! See Nicholas Sparks gets God...with his once upon a time stories, with grief & sorrow in the middle, but it all leads up to a GREAT ending. :) BRING IT ON!!
Day One:This Is What Happened
ReplyDeleteHere is what stuck out to me the most...
It was prophesied that Cyrus would allow for Jerusalem to be rebuilt and for the foundations of the temple of the Lord to be laid and the Lord "moved his heart" to do just that. This is an example of how God performs miracles through the natural realm just like Beth stated during the introduction video and just as Anna pointed out that many times those miracles are in the form of a heart change no one could imagine would happen.
GLORY!
Don't forget to write down Scripture or quotes or even lyrics that would be an encouragement in light of the "It's tough being a woman in another woman's shadow," statement.
ReplyDeleteFor instance, this is a verse I thought of that reminds me of my true identity that is dependent upon Christ alone and no one else.
"I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."
Galatians 2:20 (NIV)
Here is what stuck out to me the most...
ReplyDeleteWhen Beth says to look for something for yourself...Romans 15:4 "For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scripture we might have hope."
This was encouraging to me because I know God has a message for me in Esther, as I make my way beyond all the history and geography (I know this part is important too...but this can sometimes bore me-just saying) I know there is a present day message for me and where I am in life with my current TROUBLES! But I am reminded from this verse that my knowledge of scripture will keep my attitude in check with my current circumstances and my future ones. SO I NEED TO READ MY BIBLE DILIGENTLY!! :)
If I gain understanding & know what God has done in the PAST for people, then my confidence can not be shaken in what He is able to do in the FUTURE!!
Personal connection--If I continue to read God's word and I let Him remind me of the powerful things and miraculous wonders He accomplished throughout the bible, how can I not have confidence and hope that He has a plan for Dan and I to be parents. I have been standing firm on His word, and I will continue to claim His word over my life, especially in this area of infertility. It was comforting to be reminded by Beth that this is not our home (it's a waiting room), so there will be "impending catastrophe or doom" and there will always be things that are wrong! Oddly enough this is comforting, not that I want trials & tribulations-pain & suffering, but to know that this is part of the deal and what waits at the end is a happy ending. A TRUE LOVE STORY! See Nicholas Sparks gets God...with his once upon a time stories, with grief & sorrow in the middle, but it all leads up to a GREAT ending. :) BRING IT ON!!