Friday, June 29, 2012

Week Two: A Contest for a Queen

Let's see what God has to reveal to us this week through our separate studies.
Remember you can post anything that really stuck out to you through the week (it will help us use our time more wisely on Tuesday).  Also, share verses, quotes, song lyrics, etc. that can help "turn around" our statement this week... IT'S TOUGH BEING A WOMAN WHEN BEAUTY IS A TREATMENT!
And as always, share your #itstoughbeingawoman moments on the post labeled with the same name.
Alright, get to it.  Let's utilize our technology resources, especially as some members will be in New York this coming week!

5 comments:

  1. Day Three: Preparing for the King

    I had some pause (the kind of pause where conviction goes straight to your heart and then in the same heartbeat God empowers you as His daughter) when reading more about the assimilation into the Persian culture (pg. 44).

    Those who were Jewish had a disciplined life in every area... diet, dress, religious holidays, behavior. So disciplined in fact that it was EVIDENT in their life, it was their life. However, the Jewish people who lived in Persia were so assimilated that many of these disciplines were not evident. (That was why Esther has two names... Hadassah, her Jewish name, and Esther, her Persian name.)

    Turning that on myself, I know that there are days (more frequent than I'd like to own up to) where it would not be EVIDENT that I am a Christian. I pray that God can help me "recapture my identity and identification as His child... not so that I am obnoxious, but so that I can be influential." My prayer specifically is that it will be EVIDENT at work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was in high school, I would sing this song with B. Dillon like my soul depended on it. Lol. Not a bad one to return to on certain days. (Take note of the all capital lines!)

    I was so unique
    Now I feel skin deep
    I count on the make-up to cover it all
    Crying myself to sleep cause I cannot keep their attention
    I thought I could be strong
    But it's killing me

    Does someone hear my cry?
    I'm dying for NEW LIFE

    I want to be beautiful
    Make you stand in awe
    LOOK INSIDE MY HEART,
    and be amazed
    I want to hear you say
    WHO I AM IS QUITE ENOUGH
    Just want to be worthy of love
    And beautiful

    Sometimes I wish I was someone other than me
    Fighting to make the mirror happy
    Trying to find whatever is missing
    WON'T YOU ME BACK TO GLORY

    YOU make me beautiful
    YOU make me stand in awe
    YOU step inside my heart, and I am amazed
    I love to hear YOU say
    Who I am is quite enough
    YOU make me worthy of love and beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised."
    Proverbs 31:30

    ReplyDelete
  4. This song of Rachel Chan's is what my dad and I danced to at my wedding. In the middle of the song during our dance, I realized because of the words of this song and the meaning behind them I was able to dance with my Father on my wedding day as well.

    No one calls me beautiful like You
    And I love how You say it too
    Every word from You is filled with wonder
    I wonder, why You love me, but You do

    And I would be a fool to argue with You
    Maybe I'd be wasting my time
    You've given me Your word
    And based on what I've heard
    You must love me,
    Really love me

    No one knows me as deeply as You do
    Still I'm the one You choose
    Even though I prove I don't deserve You
    I don't deserve the love You say is true

    And I would be a fool to argue with You
    Maybe I'd be wasting my time
    You've given me Your word
    And based on what I've heard
    You must love me,
    Really love me

    No one calls me beautiful like You
    And I love how You say it to me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Week 2 Turn-It-Around verses!! (not actually turn around) ;)

    In a world where beauty is a treament:
    psalm 19
    psalm 45:11
    proverbs 31:30
    psalm 34:5
    1 peter 3:3-4
    ezekial 16:14
    1 samuel 16:7
    ecclesiastes 3:11
    proverbs 31:25
    song of songs 4:7;9

    ReplyDelete